What is Python?
Python is an interpreted, high-level, general-purpose, and object-oriented programming language used by hundreds of thousands of developers.
Python was designed by Guido van Rossum and first released in 1991.
In 1999, Van Rossum submitted a funding proposal to DARPA called "Computer Programming for Everybody", in which he further defined his goals for Python:
- An easy and intuitive language.
- Open source
- Code that is as understandable as plain English
- Suitability for everyday tasks
Python is designed to optimize developer productivity, software quality, program portability, and component integration.
Python programs run on most platforms in common use, which includes:
- Advanced IBM Unix (AIX)
- Amiga Research OS (AROS)
- Application System 400 (AS/400)
- Hewlett-Packard Unix (HP-UX)
- Mac OS X (comes pre-installed with the OS)
- Microsoft Disk Operating System (MS-DOS)
- Operating System 2 (OS/2)
- Operating System 390 (OS/390) and z/OS
- RISC OS (originally Acorn)
- Series 60
- Virtual Memory System (VMS)
- Windows 32-bit (XP and later)
- Windows 64-bit
- Windows CE/Pocket PC
Is Python a Completely Object-Oriented Language?
Python is not completely an object-oriented programming language as it doesn't support strong encapsulation.
Applications of Python
Python is well suitable for developing desktop GUI applications, websites and web applications. The following is the list of few examples of where Python programming is used.
- Google Search is written in Python
- DuckDuckGo is written in Python
- Reddit is written in Python
- Dropbox is written in Python
- Spotify is written in Python
Python is developed under an OSI-approved open source license, making it freely usable and distributable, even for commercial use.
Python's license is administered by the Python Software Foundation.
To learn Python, you don't need to have any prior programming experience.
Hi Developers, we almost covered 90% of String functions and Interview Question on Python with examples for quick and easy learning.
We are working to cover every Single Concept in Python.
Please do google search for:
Join Our Channel
This channel is primarily useful for Full Stack Web Developer.